Guess what is the number one reason behind so many people failing to lose weight even though they make a firm New Year resolution every year! Umm, you got it right: hunger. Yes, hunger is the primary reason why you struggle so much with weight loss! When you are trying to lose weight, there are basically two ways hunger can come in your way:
1. Let’s say that you used to eat every couple of hours. However, now that you want to lose weight, your doctor has probably asked you to reduce your food intake. When you reduce your food intake, you naturally feel hungry!
2. It is also possible that you are hungry because of emotional reasons. Let’s face it, emotional eating is one of the leading causes of obesity! Whenever people are stressed for any reason, they open up their refrigerator for comfort!
So the million dollar question remains: can you really get rid of this formidable enemy? In this article I will discuss just that!
1. Suppressing hunger using natural means: Do you know that there are several types of foods which are rich in fiber? If you eat such foods frequently, suppressing your appetite and getting rid of hunger would be as easy as pie for you, since fiber keeps you full for a long time! Besides, fiber-rich foods also keep you from gaining weight by maintaining your normal blood sugar level! One such food is the good old apple.
You have probably heard of the many benefits of apple before! You will be surprised to notice how easy it is to curb hunger by eating just one apple per day! Another such appetite suppressant food is egg. I have noticed that if I eat just four or five eggs per day, I virtually don’t feel hungry at all for hours! Being rich in protein, eggs would help you with weight loss by building strong lean muscles for you (the more lean muscles you have, the more fat you burn)!
Yet another fiber-rich food is legumes and nuts! Whenever I feel hungry, I often eat grams, black beans, peas, soybeans, groundnuts, etc., of course in raw forms! They are not only a good and easy way to keep hunger away for a considerable period of time but also helpful in weight loss, since they too are rich in protein content just like eggs!
2. Suppressing hunger using artificial means: While you should be using natural food suppressants as much as possible, they may not sufficient for you! If you feel that the natural means are not enough to curb hunger, you may try appetite suppressants such as Hoodia. Truth to be told, Hoodia is actually a natural appetite suppressant in the form of supplement; hence it is 100% safe and free from side effects!
3. Stay away from hunger triggers: Getting rid of ‘hunger triggers’ is as much important as curbing hunger itself! Foods which trigger unbearable hunger are usually those which are rich in sugar. Being rich in sugar, they dissolve into your bloodstream quickly and increase your blood sugar levels, which in turn increases your appetite manifold! Therefore, say no to white flour, candies, chocolates, processed fruit juices, fizzy drinks, soda, biscuits, etc!